Are you passionate ? So are we !
Other Beyond Data expertise
Why should you use a consultancy in Big Data?
What is Big Data?
Big Data was born form the explosion of data generated by the internet at the end of the 20th cen-tury. Companies such as Yahoo and Google had to adopt new techniques to collect, store, share, process and analyze data.
Specialists define Big Data according to the rule of 5Vs:
- Volume: the quantity of data generated by time unit. This is the main characteristic of Big Data. Each minute we generate more data than the amount of data generated globally during the 20th century.
- Velocity: The speed at which data moves, is collected and analyzed. A tweet can be received and analyzed in a few milliseconds. Financial markets can then react to an announcement in record time.
- Variety: Data can take various forms such as text, images, sound, video… Previously, data was very structured and could easily be entered into traditional databases.
- Veracity: The accuracy, reliability and credibility of information. Sadly, data is often not perfect. Veracity remains one of the main issues of big data.
- Value: The goal of big data is to obtain a profit from the raw data.
Technologically, big data is often synonymous with Hadoop.