INVIVOO is a "Full Stack" Company. We are prent across the entire lifecycle of software for the financial sector: definition of business requirements, specifications, design, implementation, deployment and operational support of applications.
The creation of value for clients and consultants is at the heart of Invivoo’s strategy. It grows from our core areas of technological expertise, backed by strong cross-asset business skills on the Flow Business activity of banks, asset managers, brokers, and insurance companies.
As a Java Developer you will join an important banking company. The role is for a position within the Data Infrastructure team based in London.
It's a technical programming role, working on both larger scale project work and smaller maintenance and enhancements to the Java components in the new Data Integration framework. The wider team also encompasses responsibility for the VaR (Value at Risk) calculation framework so there will be scope for the successful candidate to potentially work in this area in the future.
The role does not require a high level of investment banking domain knowledge so this would be an ideal role for someone with good technical background who is interested in a move into Investment banking.
The candidate should have strong Java server side development skills including use of Java8 and Spring. Good knowledge of SQL and proven database integration skills are expected. Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and micro services architecture using REST are highly desirable but not mandatory.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of a developer as follows:
- Develop, implement and unit test the required solution, respecting best practices, standards and tools.
- Translate requirements into solutions.
- Document solutions for maintenance and support.
- Take part in peer group code reviews
- Take part in quality assurance reviews
- Provide estimates for work
- Provide updates of status and estimates to complete
- Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them
- Plan, design, perform, support and document integration tests
- Plan, design, perform, support and document system tests
- Plan, design, perform, support and document regression tests
- Support user tests
Skills & Experience Required:
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- University degree
- Or equivalent professional experience.
Computing Skills Required:
- Strong software design, coding, documentation and analysis skills
- Demonstrable, solid knowledge of Java and Spring
- Proven SQL skills
- Proven experience programming on at least one large scale system (large data or compute volume)
- Optional: the candidate should have worked as a developer on at least one large financial system
Optional: knowledge of risk management, especially market or counterparty risk
- English mandatory
- Optional: French is a plus but not mandatory
- Must be able to work closely with users, business analysts, application production and infrastructure teams.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
- Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player